Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Passing Phase?

I have espoused that I believe in phases in life. I know this very well in theory; however, in person this is more difficult. I think that we are constantly searching for permanence, in some way, that is what we are all looking for. Is this what makes it difficult for people to live in the moment? 

And we envy those who live what seem like idyllic lives on the outside. Those who live on beaches, Goa! the ultimate holiday destination in India. but life there must get tough as well. I imagine cleaning up difficult, all that sand everywhere... yeesh! We envy those who live in beautiful remote villages amidst nature, then remember the difficulties they face accessing the things we take for granted, like a carton of milk, or healthcare. 

A little predictable change is a good thing, meaning a vacation we plan for, a trip, a break. I love that oxymoron. Just a little bit of change. Any more than that, and we are very very flustered. That we do not like, because it means getting used to a whole new equilibrium. The process of adjusting to this involves good and bad (My training in The Systems Theory comes to mind, read up on it, people! It's an awesome way to look at the world) Back to my point, we wouldn't like things remaining permanently one way, we enjoy the change, or at least I do. I am not in a position right now to speak for others, I only speak for myself on this one. 

Life would be so boring otherwise, wouldn't it? Without the troughs and the crests.

P.S. I must be approaching a crest to be able to make that statement. 

So, here's to change and moving on to different phases and stages of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment